Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's about time

Before I lose my edge....

I've been in Fresno now for almost a year, and before I get used to it, I want to get some of my observations out there. The same is true for Palm Springs. Before I've been away too long, and all of the players have changed, I'll use this opportunity to comment on the news of the day.

This isn't just a complaint page. For the most part I'll stay positive. I've got a few hundred articles stored on Delicious.com, and I'll use this as an opportunity to post and comment on them in public. And they're about everything: business, politics, architecture, Holyoke, art, tourism, Tennessee football, Fresno, Palm Springs, development, celebrities, Russia, technology and a lot more. You can only post so many articles on Facebook before you bore your friends.

I chose the name The Out of Towner because I think it reflects where I am. I've lived a lot of places since leaving for college, sometimes for a long time, but don't feel that I'm from anywhere anymore. Even when I visit Holyoke it's strange.

So here goes:

No comments:

Post a Comment